Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fabrics, pants and boots, oh my!



Today I did some research for my Jaina Solo (Young Jedi Knight) costume. I'm still not sure whether I'm going to do major sewing for this one, or just alter some regular clothes to fit the bill. But in any case, I looked up some fabrics that would work, as well as some pants and boots. I wasn't very successful in finding pants, but I'll keep trying.

This texture and color looks pretty good for the main part of the tunic.

Not really what I had in mind, but something like this would work. The color is the main thing, it's pretty much perfect!

 
These boots were MADE for this costume (actually, they're designer riding boots)!! Unfortunately, they cost $300! :O

So I've been looking at cheaper versions (as in, $20 or less!), kind of like this.



May the Force be with you,

Tahiri


6 comments:

  1. i know some awesome places to find ideas.

    www.cosplay.com
    www.rebelleigon.com

    hope this helps u out. i'd love know how it goes. i also correct people when it comes to star wars, 2.

    i'm aalya by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit both of those sites quite often! :D They are VERY helpful :) Thank you so much for suggesting them! And I'm eager to see what you think of my costuming journey!

    -Tahiri

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have noticed that not a lot people have tired tahri but how about trying tenel ka. her costume seem very organic in design. :)

    p.s. keep up with your awesome posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a question for u:

    excuse me, but would you know how to fiber etch by any chance? :)

    if so please comment on my blog. :)

    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aayla-
    I don't, myself, have any experience, but I do know of some places online that tell you how! Here's a page on how to use a prodect called Fiber Etch. Here: http://www.wwwearables.com/fiber-etch/fiber-etch-instructions.htm

    I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much. i will look into this one. thank so much again. may the force be with you. :)

    ReplyDelete